G Expedition Details
The G Expedition provides an intimate small-ship cruising experience. Completely refurbished in 2009, she boasts spacious cabins, each featuring ocean-facing windows or portholes and private en-suite facilities. Large common areas and observation decks provide panoramic views of the distinctive landscapes of some of the world's most remote regions. The Expedition's spacious confines can hold as many as 140 passengers, but our commitment to keeping group sizes small means you'll never have to share it with more than 131 others. Many expedition cruise operators offer you a choice of space, comfort or expertise; the G Expedition delivers all three at a price few can top.
Facilities and Amenities:
- 360° Observation Deck
- All cabins with private en-suite and outside views
- Raised Canada Goose Observation Deck
- Fleet of 14 zodiacs with four stroke engines
- Complimentary Wellington Boots for duration of your cruise
- Complimentary destination guides for every passenger
- Large headed Mud Room
- Lonely Planet Library
- Discovery Lounge
- Fine dining – international cuisine in one sitting
- Large aft deck with barbecue facilities
- Polar Bear Pub
- Gift Shop
- Medical Clinic
- Computer Room with internet where available
- With a focus on safety, comfort and the unique demands of polar travel, the crew of the G Expedition is committed to the ship’s continued safe operation.
- Forward-looking sonar reduces the risk of its grounding on uncharted reefs or rocks.
- Designed to Ice Class 1B specifications for service in sea ice.
- Four totally covered lifeboats provide capacity for all passengers and crew, while six life rafts boast a capacity of 150 persons.
- Full immersion cold weather survival suits for all passengers and crew
G Expedition Specifications
- Built: Helsingr Skibsvaerft, Denmark, 1972 (2009)
- Ice Class: Swedish/Finnish 1B
- Length: 105m (345 ft)
- Breadth: 18.6m (61 ft)
- Max Draft: 4.7m (15 ft)
- Gross Tonnage: 6334 GRT
- Cruising Speed: 14.5 knots
- Stabilizers: Fins, Type Brown/AEG
- Max Group Size: 132
- (Max Passenger Capacity: 140)
- Crew: 55
G Expedition Cabins
Category 1A - Quadruple Cabin
Located on the lower level, 2 x bunk beds, private bathroom, porthole window, closer & desk.
Category 1 - Triple Cabin
Located on the lower level, 1 x bunk, 1 single bed, private bathroom, porthole window, closet & desk.
Category 2 - Twin Cabin
Located on the lower level, 2 x single beds, private bathroom, porthole window, closet & desk.
Category 3 - Twin Cabin
Located on mid level, 2 x single beds, private bathroom, window, closet & desk.
Category 4 - Twin Cabin
Located on the upper level, 2 x single beds, large private bathroom, large window, closet & desk.
Category 5 Suite - Double Cabin
Located on the upper level, double bed, second room / office, large Private bathroom and shower, large windows, walk in robe & desk.